We are proud to announce Retail Dimensions as our new integration partner for eCommerce solutions. While we are still supporting the existing integration with Kosmos Central, this integration significantly expands our functionality.
With over 750 clients and numerous integration partners, we are confident in Retail Dimension’s experience and professionalism as a eCommerce integration partner.
The following summarizes the new capabilities:
- Related products support
- Product Internet address
- Short Web Descriptions
- Product alternate (Primary) images
- Consolidated Color for searching on the cart (show me all “blues”)
- Style Attributes (passed but requires custom work on the shopping cart to be implemented)
- Detail line sales tax amount
- Clean URL – calculated by the RDi side of the integration
- Title Tag loaded with Product Description
- Meta Keywords loaded with Search Keywords
- On Sale support where available on cart
- Recently Added (new) products support where available on cart.
- Credit Memos recorded in Magento can now be processed with the eCommerce Order Processing transaction.
- The following fields are included in the export for each Style: Season Code & Description, Department Code & Description, Attributes & Characteristics, and default Size Grid names.
Several operational improvements result based on a unique processing approach. Images are directly supported by the Merchant Plus! Catalog Export and doesn’t require an additional utility. Updates are sent directly to the shopping cart using FTP and bypasses an external communications server.
Perhaps the biggest benefit is the elimination of the need to “republish” products to the cart. In the past, certain system events would require that the products be deleted from then re-added to the cart; in the process eliminating any content added since the product was first published (like customer reviews or additional images). With Retail Dimensions all changes are passed as updates.
Better Performance with Magento
Since RDi integrates directly with the database, the Magento API is bypassed. This allows for the support of Styles with more than about 60 SKUs (size/color combinations) that is a limitation of the Magento API that was required in the old integration.